Subject: MAX Digest - 7 Sep 1999 to 8 Sep 1999 (#1999-267)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:01:11 -0400
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
Reply-To: MAX - Interactive Music/Multimedia Standard Environments <MAX@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
To: Recipients of MAX digests <MAX@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>

1. Audiowerk8 ASIO
  2. MSP/PowerBook/kaboom
  3. video and tv mirror
  4. startup sound
  5. cancel

Date:Tue, 7 Sep 1999 21:49:57 -0700
From:David Beaudry <dbeaudry@UCLA.EDU>
Subject: Audiowerk8 ASIO

M Stevens:

I have an ASIO driver for the AW8 card which I got from David Z. (a beta
version, I believe). Works great, and gives a vector size of 512. Email me
personally if you still need it.

David Beaudry
UCLA Dept. of Music
UCLA Center for Digital Arts
dbeaudry@ucla.edu

> On an unrelated note, my soundcard at present is an AudioWerk8. I'm trying
> to access it using the MSP ASIO driver and am getting the folowing error
> message at startup;
> MSP ASIO Audiodriver: min buffer size (4096) too large
> anybody know what's up w/ this?

Date:Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:05:46 +0200
From:Daniel Landau <danlan@XS4ALL.NL>
Subject: Re: MSP/PowerBook/kaboom

John Phillips wrote:

> ..... I am in that frustrating period of seeing how long it's gonna run and
> strangely it's
> about 130-150 minutes. The first two times it was -exactly- 132 minutes.
> The sound kept going but not changing coll selections. Mouse froze, wouldn't
> restart etc. Reset the "sleep" settings to "never" and it ran to 157
> minutes then had a stack overflow. (Wonder what that means in MSP because
> I'm pretty sure it isn't my 47 event MIDI seq.).

> .....Should configuration setting be a 5ms?
> My vectors are 256 each
> I'm in overdrive without audio interrupt

my experience with setting the powerbook's sleep control panel to 'never' doesn't
really mean never... after around two hours, the computer does spin down the hard

drive (without sowing so in the control strip). I wanted to suggest that you
should have some sort of hard disk activity, but you mention that you had some
sfplay~ object... I don't think max timing's setups have anything to do with
your problem, but the fact that Ram 'leaks' is probably it.

Date:Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:38:01 +0200
From:muki pakesch <mpakesch@T0.OR.AT>
Subject: Re: video and tv mirror

At 6:40 +0200 07.09.1999, Otto Henry <muhenry@EASTNET.EDUC.ECU.EDU> wrote:
> Second, the resulting signal is rather poor, it comes out
> pale,

try to adjust the gamma setting in the monitor cdev

>the vertical borders are crooked and there is
> sometimes a noticable flicker around the edges.

if i recall correctly (i'm not *that* familiar with the 8500)
there should be a "reduce interlace flicker" switch in the monitors cdev

> Worst of all, the whole screen will not appear on the tape.
> Full screen is 640 x 480 but the bottom and right -hand side

and, also in the monitors cdev, there should be a possibility
to select ntsc/pal overscan which will display the desktop in fullscreen

> I don't know if there is a video card I could buy that would
> give better results going out the video port, one of those
> ixMICRO or TARGA devices perhaps. I don't want to play games, I

there's the MacPicasso

or ati's xclaimVR

hth
cheers,
muki
__________________________________________________________________
| muki pakesch|
| mailto:mpakesch@t0.or.athttp://www.t0.or.at/~mpakesch|
|__________________________________________________________________|

Date:Tue, 7 Sep 1999 21:51:17 -0700
From:David Zicarelli <zicarell@SOUNDFLOWER.COM>
Subject: Re: startup sound

The information I've heard is that the more recent Mac startup sounds
were from a Korg Wavestation programmed by Jim Reekes, who until recently
did the Sound Manager programming at Apple.

Date:Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:45:53 +0100
From:Pol <huts1@EUSKALNET.NET>
Subject: cancel

hello everybody!

I'm new, i don't know the old question, and my english doesn't well,
but i love MAX/MSP.
I want to read a AIFF and record the information in coll. The
problem is when i cancel the process
(in standard dialog box)the last information is recorded too. How can
i stop the process if i select
cancel?
#P connect 5 1 2 0;
#P connect 2 0 3 1;
#P connect 2 7 3 2;
#P fasten 5 2 1 0 176 87 197 87;
#P connect 1 0 0 0;
#P pop;

End of MAX Digest - 7 Sep 1999 to 8 Sep 1999 (#1999-267)
********************************************************