Subject: MAX Digest - 8 Jun 1999 to 9 Jun 1999 (#1999-173)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:00:24 -0400
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
Reply-To: MAX - Interactive Music/Multimedia Standard Environments <MAX@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>
To: Recipients of MAX digests <MAX@LISTS.MCGILL.CA>

1. Karplus-Strong
  2. cd (2)
  3. sensors
  4. THE BRAIN PEOPLE FEEDBACK
  5. ptIII 882/20 and MSP

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:33:12 +0100
From:Vincent Puig <Vincent.Puig@IRCAM.FR>
Subject: Karplus-Strong

There is one comprehensive Karplus-Strong application in the IRCAM Forum
MSP application pack called MEKS. Check at www.ircam.fr/mspor
www.ircam.fr/forumor contact admin-forum@ircam.fr. You may only get
answers next week since we are in the middle of our Festival.

>Date:Tue, 8 Jun 1999 00:16:16 -0400
>From:
Neal Farwell <nfarwell@FAS.HARVARD.EDU>
>Subject: Karplus-Strong ?
>Dear All
>How would I make a classic Karplus-Strong resonator in MSP (short delay
>line, feeding back via a low-pass filter)? Tapin/tapout works but has a
>maximum fundamental of 689 Hz (at 44100 sampling, vectors size 64). Delay~
>can't feed back, nor can comb~ except internally (and unfiltered).
>I'm probably missing something obvious... please point me to a suitable
>example patch or archive.
>Thanks

Tel: 01 44 78 49 59
Fax: 01 44 78 15 40
email : puig@ircam.fr

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:23:56 +0100
From:David Prior <djp552@ISDUGP.BHAM.AC.UK>
Subject: cd

I did a project last year using multiple external CD's. The cd object
can cope with this provided they are all SCSI drives. There is another
object you can download (cd 2 ?) which talks to IDE drives but I couldn't
work out a way of making the two objects work together - it was one or
the other. If your internal drive is IDE, then you will need the new cd
object to access it anyway.

David Prior

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:35:12 -0400
From:Neal Farwell <nfarwell@FAS.HARVARD.EDU>
Subject: sensors

Dear All -

I've collated some information on sensors-to-MIDI approaches:

There'll be some overlap with other sites, but I hope this is useful.
I'd value your comments.

Neal

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:20:32 -0400
From:Tommy DOG <mrsvomit@TOMMYDOG.COM>
Subject: THE BRAIN PEOPLE FEEDBACK

Dear Members Of The Universal Humanoid Committee On BRAINness,

Indeed this is going out to a lot of extra-terrestrial folk, not just the
swingers who already dig our alien groove, but to the zillions who have yet
to vibrate with us on their ecto-elastic and deep primal nerve endings.

As Representative of "the band" I am pleased to hand over the following URL
for your perusal and possible amusement. It contains quotes on and or about
The Buzz More Crave. If you didn't get quoted, blame us (for real) it's our
fault. We picked stuff that seemed to be from people who "got it".

-If you don't "got it" get it. If you have it and don't want it, give it to
someone who will.

There are many things afoot that shall be disclosed at a later date, so for
now remain calm and do not let anyone see how disoriented you may really
be. Please remember: The Brain People are only here to help you.

Further transmissions may follow.

My Beast,
Rev. Tommy DOG Prinz

"Do what whou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

"Death To The Dumb, Curses Upon The Heads Of The Weird"
Tommy DOG: Subverting technology in the name of ART

*******************************************************
New CD By The Brain People: http://www.tommydog.com/buzz

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:24:23 +0200
From:Werner Funk <werner.funk@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject: Re: ptIII 882/20 and MSP

A.J.Moore@SHEFFIELD.AC.UK wrote:

> I currently run MSP on my AMIII cardand it works really well.
> I am about to purchase a full PTIII system with the 882/20 interface.
> I am keen to find out if people have been using max/msp with
> multiple in/out interfaces - esp. reliability and support

Works really fine. You just have to put the

Direct I/O MSP Audiodriver

in your Max folder and use a

dac~ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8=20

for output. Happy Maxing!

Sch=F6ne Gr=FC=DFe von der Cannstatter Altenburg!
Werner Funk

Date:Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:08:54 -0400
From:Shamus McConney <mcconney@UFL.EDU>
Subject: Re: cd

Thought I'd add this about the thing with the cd object. You can't control
2 CD's that are exactly the same,I think this is actually more of a
bug in
the quicktime interface then the cd object. I ran into this on two separate
project that I was involved in. We ended up adding a second or twoof
dead
time onto the end of the last track of the CD's we were using and bingo
problem
solved.

Good luck with it

Shamus McConney

End of MAX Digest - 8 Jun 1999 to 9 Jun 1999 (#1999-173)
********************************************************